Speech-Language pathology (SLP), also known as speech therapy, offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment for individuals who have developed speech, swallowing or cognitive problems following an injury or illness.
Individualized treatment programs are developed for each patient based on his or her diagnosis and needs.
Benefits of SLP:
- Facilitate functional communication skills.
- Facilitate safe oral feeding/swallowing.
- Educate patient and family on compensatory strategies and home programs.
- Facilitate alternative communication methods.
Who Can Benefit from SLP?
The diagnoses that may be seen by speech therapists include, but are not limited to:
- Parkinson’s disease and other neurological disorders
- Memory Loss
- Alzheimer’s disease